
Gerald Green of the Boston Celtics won the Dunk contest last night out at the NBA all star weekend. The Celtics have had their worst season that I can remember in my short life (yes, short, 29 years is short). They have set a franchise record of 18 losses in a row. However, there is a little light, Gerald Green goes out to Vegas and lights up the Slam Dunk contest. I have to say, he had some of the best dunks in the last few years. With a little help from "the Truth" ie, captain Paul Pierce, Green had some amazing Dunks. The one that captured it he wore a throwback Dee Brown jersey in tribute to the former slam dunk champion of the boston Celtics. Remember that dunk, he pumped up his reeboks and then took off. I loved Dee Brown. So anyway, we may be the laughing stock of the NBA but at least we can show that we do have some athleticism. I am glad Red Auerbach isn't alive to see this season, dance team and records for most consecutive losses. He must be turning over in his grave. But congrats Gerald. Maybe we have a future.
No comments:
Post a Comment