Monday, February 5, 2007

Superbowl of Chili


So yesterday was the Superbowl. The pats were not in it and they should have been so it was a little depressing. Luckily Jordan and Krista were able to ease our pain with a 42"LCD TV and a whole lotta food, beer and fun. The first annual chili fest occured. I have to say, I enjoyed them all, and I am a chili expert. It is hard to judge a vegan chili up against three hearty meaty chili's but as far as vegetarian chili goes, Mel's was top notch and uber spicey just the way I like it. Keith's had a sweet taste to it and for a non spicey person, his is perfect. I like mine to have a little more kick to it. Cullens took top honors with everyone though I enjoyed the sweet and spicey taste of Jordan's minnesota contribution. Paul and I do not know how to cook chili (or anything for that matter) so we did not enter our can of Hormel's chili from the 7/11 up the street (though I'm sures ours would have topped everyones....except the exact opposite). We did spend saturday afternoon baking chocolate chip cookies and trying to perfect exactly what shape they should be on the tray to produce the ones our mom's make. Paul prefers to roll them into perfect little round balls. I like to just plop them down. Either case, they were delish. We are very proud of our expedition in the kitchen and with using the oven. Paul is a master of cracking eggs and stirring the concoction (my hands get too tired). First stop, cookies, who knows where we'll go from here. I see some Foie Gras in our future...distant distant future. And yes, I hate peyton manning and I hate that he won. Now we have to see his shitty grin all over the place. Just remember 10 days til pitchers and catchers.

No comments: