
Yesterday was the elusive February 14. It was my and Paul's first V-day together. We decided to stay low key and not do big gifts or what not. The problem I have with Valentine's day is that people have a problem with it. "It's a Hallmark created holiday". Well, not exactly but Hallmark and the other Greeting card companies do over market it. My theory is this, what is soooo wrong with one day of the year that is dedicated to telling people you love them and/or care about them. Not to be all cheesy or anything, but in a world filled with War and Hate why is it so bad to have a day for love and friendship. I have been single many a V-Day and it never really bothered me. I send cards to the most important people in my life and often they send me one back. It is all about expression of love. You don't have to necessarily be "in love" to love somebody and it is okay to tell them on this day that you care. I do find a dozen red roses and a heart shaped box of chocolate a little cliche. I think it is more about showing how you feel than stopping off at CVS because you feel like "you have to". This being said, we did indeed have a romantic dinner with wine and a single rose in a warm cozy restaurant while the ice pelted the streets outside. I think it was a perfect way to celebrate the big V day. My first of this kind. We don't go to fancy restaurants too often so when we do it is uber special. Thank you Paul for a perfect night. And by the way I love all my friends and family everyday, not just on V-Day. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment