Thursday, January 25, 2007

Shane Shane Shane


So This is Shane McGowan, lead singer of the Pogues. Paul introduced me to the genre of Irish punk music and I rather enjoy it. I enjoy the subculture of Shane McGowan fans. I love that this crazy looking fellow has such a huge following. This is no boy band. I love that he can drink an entire bottle of whiskey and still manage to finish the show. I love that once, he passed out on the floor of Porter Belly's (about 400 feet from my house) and missed his performance at the Orpheum. He is a great song writer and a great performer (or so I hear). I would dare to say he is Ireland's version of Bruce Springsteen (god forbid my brother ever reads that) He is coming to boston again this March. Unfortunately my work may be shipping me off to FL. So once again, Shane, we are not destined to meet. Ah, til we meet again, my toothless Irish friend, til we meet again.

1 comment:

Ang said...

Oh Christ! Look at that mug. More proof that Europeans use sugar as toothpaste.