Thursday, January 11, 2007

Jack Bauer is the new MacGyver


So recently, Paul and I have become obsessed with America's new pasttime, the TV show 24. I am not going to lie, I really really like it. It is like crack to me. I can't get enough. I was thinking about how Jack Bauer is "the man". He can get anything done. And even in the most tricky of situations he comes out on top. It reminded me of a certain other TV character I fondly remember, MacGyver. That man could widdle his way out of an underground prison with nothing but a toothpick and his shoelaces. He was amazing. Jack Bauer is the MacGyver of the 21st century. He has even become a verb; I couldn't open the door myself so I MacGyvered it. One day, too, we will be Jack Bauering things. For now, I'd like to say, He went all Jack Bauer on him, meaning, that guy went apeshit on that other guy. Season 6 starts on sunday. However, I am not sure with the magic of watching on DVD I can get used to watching it with no commercial interuption and without each episode immediately following the last. Paul and I disagree on this issue. He thinks we can survive week to week wondering what happened. I am not so sure. I am thinking of investing in DVR to just eliminate commericials. Hmmmm. I wouldn't want to go all Jack Bauer about this.

No comments: