Tuesday, March 27, 2007

A Rare Bird!!

Last spring, I was walking with "a friend" (I have removed the name to protect said person). We were enjoying a nice leisurely stroll through Boston and we ended up in the Fenway area (paths/ponds/fields gardens). Said person, spotted a small bird hopping along. My "friend" shouted "ohmigod, a Rare bird". Iwas very excited, growing up outside of Boston, I haven't really had the chance to see too many rare birds. I glanced over and didn't see any rare birds. My "friend" said "overthere, it has red on its belly". I looked at "my friend" and said, you mean the Robin right there? The robin, the first sign of spring? The bird we sing songs about in Kindegarten and draw pictures of all through elementary school? Yes, it was a Robin. Now, you ask, maybe my friend isn't from around here. But now my friend was born and raised here. Anyway, as this warm weather day is upon us, I think of this story and I smile. (ps, sorry "friend" for sharing)

No comments: