Wednesday, March 14, 2007

March Madness

One of my favorite times of year is March. I love college basketball. I love the "one and done" of the NCAA tournament. There is so much emotion riding one every bench, on every dribble and every basket. I love seeing 6 months of grueling games and practices (not to mention the preseason and offseason workouts) all come down to one game. The faces of defeat show you the emotion that is riding in these athletes. The faces of success are only temporary and only one team will walk away not losing. That is what is so great about it. It is not like the BCS where a computer picks the winner, these guys sweat and run it out. It is sooo exciting. And in college hoops, they actually run plays, play zone and play defense like they mean it. This weekend will be great, St. Paddy's on a Saturday and the first weekend of the tourney. Go Holy Cross (men and women) and go Harvard women. I would like to see the underdog's enjoy a little success. No brackets, I work for an NCAA institution. But if I didn't, I'd pick Harvard to go all the way in the women's and Holy Cross in the men's. Ha ha ha. (but wouldn't that be nice?) And by they way, Division 2 NCAA tourney just finished it's round of 16 last night. Bentley men made it to the elite 8, the women put up a valiant effort but did not. Toasting the women, for a great showing in the sweet sixteen. Cheers on to the men as they head to Springfield to defend their undefeated season and vie for a national championship. GO FALCONS

No comments: