Friday, March 16, 2007

Friday March 9


I never wrote about the concert I went to last Friday night. The Pogues. Paul introduced me to them this year. When I got there I ran in to half my family. I, apparently, am behind the times. Anyway, Shane McGowan came out and performed splendidly before a packed house at the Avalon on Landsdowne street. The band kept up and at times caught up with the inebriated McGowan. I couldn't understand a word he said between sets, partly due to the lack of teeth, partly do to the fact that he was polluted. He started out with Guinness but ended up drinking the Jameson straight from the bottle. He even has his own personal roady that brings him a cigarette. The upbeat music was amazing. He kept up every beat. I think he got better the more drunk he got. All in all the show was a definite A and I can't wait to see them again if Shane lives long enough to come back to Boston.

No comments: