Friday, October 5, 2007

My 1st day of a new Decade

So 30 years ago today at 9:52am Carol Scannell delivered a bouncing 10 pound baby girl at South shore hospital in weymouth. A perfect 10. Carol and John named her Deborah. I still do not know why. They chose to call me Debbie but somewhere along the way, I decided to spell it my way, Debi. I was stubborn and got my way from the beginning. The last 30 years have been good to me. I am not sure why we celebrate birthday milestones only divisible by 5 and 10. I chose to have a big bash on my 26th, and my 29th. I do love birthdays. I like to think I am kind of a non attention seeking, pretty modest person but on my birthday, I like to live it up. SO if you are around, come out and celebrate!! This past decade has been good to me, I got a college degree, almost got a masters degree (I know, I know, I only have 8 credits to go), I have had about 7 different jobs and finally found one I will stay at for a while, I bought my first new car, I have made a myriad of new, great friends, I have discovered a lot about myself, I became an Aunt and a godmother and most of all, I met the person I want to spend the rest of my life with (awwwww....I know, sappy). But seriously, the good of the 20s outweighs the bad. I am ready to take on my 30s with my head on straight, Paul by my side (and a puppy??). Happy Birthday to me!!! thanks mom and dad for having me and raising me and always being there for me!

1 comment:

Ang said...

that's a lot of spankin's! Happy birthday debORah.