Monday, October 1, 2007

DKM


Last night, Paul, me and some friends went to the Dropkick Murphy's show at the Avalon. It is the last concert ever before they tear down the building. they are building an "orpheum-esque" theatre over the next two years. Sadly, I have seen a few good concerts at the Avalon and I will miss it. I prefer the smaller venue. I like how close you are to the stage. Ah, well. The Dropkick's put on a good show, played a lot of their new album (which is fantastic). Their encore, they got the crowd going with "shipping up to Boston" (the song from the departed). I did not mosh with anyone, I have a fear of that stuff. I ran into two girls I went to highschool with on my way out the door and made friends with the police officer working the detail (a big pogues fan and I was wearing a pogues tshirt). JOnathan Papelbon was also there. I did my best to stalk him but to no avail. All in all a great time. Thanks Paul for bringing me!!!!

No comments: