
After work, Paul and I took a leisurely stroll down to Castle Island. We purchased grilled cheese sandwiches, fries and sodas and sat and ate them overlooking the ocean the playground. We were cracking up at the imaginations of little kids. It is too funny how kids can make anything seem fun. My friend Christy and I used to pretend her picnic table and bulk head were the only two "safe places" in her backyard, "the swamp". These two little girls last night ran up to the Fort on Castle island and realized the gates were so huge and locked. One said to the other "let's pretend we're princesses and we're locked out of our castle". Not missing a beat, the other one said "let's go look in the windows and see if anyone can let us in". That is the best. This huge old Fort is now their castle and they have transformed into princesses. There was no planning, no drawing up drafts, no phone calls about what was to take place, one said it and the other just went along. It was so great. My nephew JD wants to be spiderman when he grows up. How great is that? He really thinks that is an eligible job. If only I was little and could just walk around making up imaginary scenarios. I think I might be committed.
2 comments:
How about having a picnic with mini oreos and pink lemonade in the tiniest cups possible and thinking we are full!! : ) oh and don't forget the "rides" in my new wagon down the hall to get your license in our old house. Ha ha, good times.
MORE BLOG, DEBI!!! You're slacking!!! (I just figured out how to post a comment when I commented on Angela's blog, so now I'm going crazy with the comments...)
Post a Comment