Friday, April 4, 2008

Hanging up the AT Tape


Usually this time of year, I am scrambling around trying to organize things for the Boston Cannons lacrosse season. Training camp is right around the corner. However, after five years of being their Head Athletic trainer, I have decided to officially retire and pass the buck onto someone else. I truly had a great time. Who wouldn't love traveling around with a professional mens lacrosse team. So much different than working with college kids. There is booze in the lockerroom after the games, provided by the other team. There is post game parties, hosted by the home team. All and all a great time. I will miss it. I love the sport, the intensity and the pure athleticism. However, I will not miss working every friday/saturday night from april through August. I hope to do some fun things this summer. Perhaps a trip to Austin. Perhaps a few day trips, more red sox games. Of course, I will also squeeze in a few Cannons game. But this time I will be in the stands instead of on the sideline, drinking my Bud Light.

No comments: