Paul and I just got back from a lovely 5 days in the nations capital. We arrived thursday and walked for hours throughout the city on a hot and humid day. We were able to see most of the monuments and the white house, with a detour to a park and a stop at a restaurant with over 1000 beers in stock. We had a lovely dinner at the Reef in Adams Morgan with our hosts, Linda and Steve (don't get the peanut soup). The next day we headed to the zoo. We spent most of the day there looking at all the animals. They have really updated the national zoo and are doing a really good job at keeping animals from becoming extinct. It is one of my favorite places to visit. Friday night we hopped on the metro and went to the Nationals/Marlins baseball game at RFK. Unlike fenway, we were able to purchase tickets for half of face value outside the park. It was a great game, the Nats were pitching a no hitter into the 7th. They ended up winning 6-0. We left there and went to Fado downtown, a lively Irish bar. It was a good time. Saturday, I had a Cannons game, so most of the day was spent with that. The team put us up in a lovely hotel next to the White house. We spent the night there and sunday our gracious host, Linda, Made us brunch. We hit up the spy museum, a really cool place filled with history of the espionage. We then went to a local brewery before heading home to a dinner that Steve made us. MOnday we stopped in the zoo once again to catch and exhibit we hadn't seen and then had lunch a lovely pizzeria down in dupont circle. Sadly, we headed back to the airport after that. Beautiful weather, great friends, fantastic company and a Cannons win made for a great 5 days. Thanks Linda and Steve for putting up with us and taking care of us. We owe you the favor. I can't wait to go back!!!
Affordable Care Act and sticker shock.
-
I know I said I was done with writing on my blog, but now I have to put in
my 2 cents on the so-called Affordable Care Act, more commonly known as
Obama Ca...
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment